Reasons why we love it
The versatile skinny jean has fast become our wardrobe BFF. It’s a quick go-to for off-duty days, or paired with heels and a blouse for a slightly more dressed-up look. The right fit hugs your body, creating a seamless silhouette and defining your waist.
The perfect fit
While no two body shapes are exactly the same, you’ll want to find the fit that’s best for you:
- The waistband should fit comfortably.
- High-waisted styles are a clever way to hide an unflattering tummy area and elongate your body.
- Details such as embellishments, pockets or stitch designs can create the illusion of a curvier figure.
Style the skinny jean up or down
Denim isn’t just for weekends. A few style tweaks can take skinny jeans from casual to chic, so you can wear them all week long.
- Add a pop of colour. A knit top is a great way to add colour to your outfit. Team with your favourite boots and layer with a cosy jacket.
- Pair with a shirt. Create a little sophistication by pairing skinny jeans with a shirt. Turn up the cuffs and add a chunky necklace. Then finish with a bold red lip, and you’re ready for work or any smart casual occasion.
- Layer with a jacket. Layering is essential in the winter season, but the trick is to keep your colours complementary or tonal. Skinny jeans work well with many layers as the slim shape adds balance to multiple layers. Denim on denim is always a winner., so pair your skinny with a tee and denim jacket for an easy-going everyday look.
Browse our denim range here and find the perfect denim for you.
Copy: Chernelle Wilson
Images: Shavan/ New Media
Model: Lauren/ Ice Genetics
Hair & makeup: Jacqui/PVT