An update on how we are keeping our customers and staff safe
Dear Ackermans Customers
As defined in our purpose we aim to bring value to life for our customers, as we have done for many years and will continue to do.
In response to the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and guidelines set out by President Ramaphosa on Sunday, 15 March 2020, we at Ackermans would like to share with you the steps we have taken to keep our customers and staff safe throughout our business.
To protect our customers:
- All of our store and support staff have been educated on how to keep themselves and you, our customers, safe in our stores.
- We have implemented strict hygiene policies across all our stores including making hand sanitisers available.
- We have also increased the frequency of cleaning of all work spaces, specifically high traffic areas.
- A ‘social distance’ of 1.5m has been implemented in all stores when shopping and queueing – please work with our staff to ensure this is adhered to, so that we can keep everyone safe.
To protect our staff, we started with appropriate precautions early and will continue to do so:
- International travel to and from China by staff and suppliers was stopped in January 2020.
- As of 9 March 2020, the roll-out of information and access to sanitisers was put in place at all of our major centers and stores.
- Effective as of 16 March 2020, all local travel and external meetings were stopped to support ‘social distancing’ efforts.
- Internal Company Protocols have been put in place to centrally collate any crucial information that could be useful in the protection of customers and staff.
- Appropriate changes in procedure and briefing of support staff linked to overall support centre and store hygiene has been put in place.
As a business with stores across Southern Africa and staff members to consider, we are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to put appropriate measures in place to protect every customer, supplier and employee.
As part of this action plan, we have ensured that we are ready as a business to respond to any confirmed COVID-19 cases in our immediate environment in line with guidelines set out by the Department of Health and National Centre for Infectious Diseases.
Based on the current situation, our stores will remain open for business, and we ask that you please work with our staff members at all branches in ensuring a safe shopping environment for all.