Makes 18 muffins
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 200 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 1 cup buttermilk OR plain yoghurt OR full-cream milk
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 large egg
- margarine or cooking spray, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder until combined and then add the cheese and sweetcorn.
- In a separate bowl whisk the milk (or yoghurt or buttermilk), oil and egg.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and slowly stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Make sure you don’t over stir.
- Spoon into a well-greased or sprayed muffin tray and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
Read more: Another yummy recipe with sweetcorn.
Reecipe and images: Bathandwa Nkambule.